The Colour Jane

 
Subscribe in a reader Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts
you colour my world!
Wonderful things
Original Art for purchase www.melaniealfred.com (waiting for an image)
Quote of the Day.'The advice of Jonathan Alpert, a Manhattan-based psychotherapist. "If you view travel as an adventure and a challenge -- including the long lines and delays -- then it can be fun," he says. His advice is to build in enough time to experience this adventure -- a cushion of time, "just in case there are delays." Avoid tight schedules and deadlines. After all, you're on vacation.
Comings & Goings
The MI Ts have gone on a road trip to Colorado. The G Family will be back downunder soon. Jarrah Kim arived safely. I'm heading North soon
Happy Birthday: AUGUST
GDAD: 9th. Me:8 on 10th (long story)thanks Bruce
Things I have learnt: I am not great in the cold. Chocolate is lethal for me. Pedicures/Manicures are really essentials! Ditto good haircuts.
To Relax
Create your own Lava Lamp
*SITES I VISIT*
  • GoodReads: A Great new book site - Share your reading lists and reviews HERE
  • 3 Scrapateers - The Home of the Friendliest and most talented Digital Artists on the Internet
  • Learning how to put an EMAIL ME link in here
    Colour me Productive
    Monday, April 21, 2008

    There has been a lot discussion, and analysis of the 2o/20 Summit on the radio and internet today -
    I guess in the newspapers and on television also.

    Discussion is good - it engages the community and is often the genisis of ownership.




    The tree the bird was in looks a bit like this.



    The Extras on the DVD I watched were great.

    I
    was at a supermarket - which it seems is close to a high school - and was alarmed at the number of students purchasing 'food' before school.
    As I watched a young boy buy a packet of chips, and 2 others, a little older, purchase a bottle of 'V' each, I wondered how severe the discipline problems might be for their teachers during the hours before the caffeine, salt, colourings, flavourings and preservatives wore off.

    As I began to drive off I noticed a man - perhaps the store manager, or teacher? - talking quite sternly to a group of boys and girls outside the supermarket. It was 8:45am and the students
    would be struggling to get to school on time.

    * * * * *

    I had my breakfast outside in the morning sunshine with a gentle breeze and delighted in the opportunity to watch some kind of long beaked bird hang upside down and take the nectar from what looked to me like pale yellow bottle brush flowers. Whilst I enjoy flowers and birds I am unable to identify many of them.

    * * * * *

    Later in the day I tested all the a/c units and found one that didn't work. I tried all the remotes and swapped the batteries around and yes they were in the right way up.
    To no avail, so this to has gone on The List for the inspection report.
    It is thankfully a rather short list.
    The 30 stains on the living room carpet are on the list;
    most of these stains are inexplicably orange.

    Tonight I have watched Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in 'To Catch A Thief'. This was Miss Kelly's last movie before she married and became Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco. Ironically, the movie is set in the south of France, and amongst the rich and famous, all of which she would preside over from the Pink Palace, within the tiny principality of Monaco.

    Directed By Alfred Hitchcock, it was fun as usual to spot him in the film - and I concentrated so hard on that I forgot to listen for the mention of Archie Leech - Cary Grant's real name, that he works into many of his films.


    * * * * *

    Labels:

    posted by Jane of JaneZworld @ 11:06 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Photobucket>The WeatherPixie
    About Me

    Name: Jane of JaneZworld
    Home: Australia
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    BLOGROLL
    Photography coming soon
    'AUSTRALIA' the movie for Summer 2008
    ...
    A little wisdom...

    Learn Live Hope
    More Comments and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com

    ""
  • Brisbane Radar Loop
  • Brisbane's 7 Day Weather Forcast
  • Australian News
  • Brisbane Water Levels
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Subscribe with Bloglines BLOGGER

    Pyzam Glitter Text Maker
    Create your own glittery text at pYzam.com