The Colour Jane

 
Subscribe in a reader Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts
you colour my world!
Wonderful things
Original Art for purchase www.melaniealfred.com (waiting for an image)
Quote of the Day.'The advice of Jonathan Alpert, a Manhattan-based psychotherapist. "If you view travel as an adventure and a challenge -- including the long lines and delays -- then it can be fun," he says. His advice is to build in enough time to experience this adventure -- a cushion of time, "just in case there are delays." Avoid tight schedules and deadlines. After all, you're on vacation.
Comings & Goings
The MI Ts have gone on a road trip to Colorado. The G Family will be back downunder soon. Jarrah Kim arived safely. I'm heading North soon
Happy Birthday: AUGUST
GDAD: 9th. Me:8 on 10th (long story)thanks Bruce
Things I have learnt: I am not great in the cold. Chocolate is lethal for me. Pedicures/Manicures are really essentials! Ditto good haircuts.
To Relax
Create your own Lava Lamp
*SITES I VISIT*
  • GoodReads: A Great new book site - Share your reading lists and reviews HERE
  • 3 Scrapateers - The Home of the Friendliest and most talented Digital Artists on the Internet
  • Learning how to put an EMAIL ME link in here
    Colour: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008

    The Good.

    I waited in a cool breeze by the edge of the river. I was intrigued to see automated digital timetable displays .

    My tram would be along in just 4 minutes.

    It was after 4pm so the stop was becoming crowded with workers leaving early, and dawdling high schoolers in uniform.

    My tram arrived – on time, and I climbed on board.

    . Bundled along with the crowd I found myself at the rear of the vehicle and made my way forward. I had a daily ticket so I didn’t need to access the ticket machine. No conductors these days.

    Suddenly a man (who sub sequentially turned out to be an Irish traveller) stood up and gave me his seat. I was rather surprised, but very grateful for his kindness. As we travelled he talked with the girl next to me, about his travels around Australia. When the local news reported an Irish tourist was missing I made sure to find a photo on the web; so I could be sure that it was not the same young man. It was not.

    When I rose to exit the tram I turned and made eye contact and said a firm thank you.


    The Bad

    I was out locally (I cant recall why now...oh yes I remember, I went to the supermarket to buy warm socks) and as I came back out of the 1st shop - which by the way didn’t have the socks I wanted - I was somewhat accosted verbally by a rather scruffy looking individual - male, tall, non descript, grubby - who demanded to know if I had any spare change. I must have look startled so he tried to press this momentary advantage by asking for "just a dollar'. An elderly lady looked to me for support as she also said no, and we exchanged a few words of speculation as to just what might be done with any forthcoming dollars. I Swerved away from the beggar as he dashed past me. He demanded a dollar from everyone near me and then everyone he went past as he scurried along the footpath.

    I turned and entered an arcade and visited several shops there, and then finding myself now in a small mall, I browsed through that. I left from the opposite side to where I had entered, and crossed a busy road, between cars and trams.

    No sooner had I gained the other side then the dollar-beggar came up beside me again.

    Once again he asked if I had any change, even a dollar.

    “You already asked me” I said making brief eye contact. “Why don’t you get a job?”

    His reply was not what I expected “I don’t have time” he said as he turned and rushed through the doorway of the local betting shop.


    The Ugly.

    I don’t have a story for this , and I hope I won’t. Probably the ugliest thing I have encountered is the ugly low readings on the thermometer.

    Labels:

    posted by Jane of JaneZworld @ 4:41 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Photobucket>The WeatherPixie
    About Me

    Name: Jane of JaneZworld
    Home: Australia
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    BLOGROLL
    Photography coming soon
    'AUSTRALIA' the movie for Summer 2008
    ...
    A little wisdom...

    Learn Live Hope
    More Comments and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com

    ""
  • Brisbane Radar Loop
  • Brisbane's 7 Day Weather Forcast
  • Australian News
  • Brisbane Water Levels
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Subscribe with Bloglines BLOGGER

    Pyzam Glitter Text Maker
    Create your own glittery text at pYzam.com